Prince of Wales, 6, Picton Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Niagara Region, Golden Horseshoe, Ontario, L0S 1J0, Canada
Prince of Wales Hotel in Niagara-on-the-Lake 1977Black and white photograph a three storey, Victorian style building with mansard roof, belevelled corner and quoins. Built in 1882 on the site of a previous hotel dating to 1864, it changed its name a couple of times (Long’s Hotel, Arcade Hotel, The Niagara House). It was renamed with a current name after a visit of royal couple: Duke and Duchess of York – Prince and Princess of Wales (future George V and Queen Mary). Also, Queen Elizabeth II stayed at the hotel during her visit to the area in 1973.Additions to the rear and sides of main building were added later when the hotel was purchased by the Wiens family in 1975 and extensively expanded.Copyright StatementCopyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.